If you are buying waders

Philf

I just bought a new set of waders from Rogers sporting goods About a month or so ago. I’ve had a really hard time finding stuff that fits well and holds up to the type of fishing I do. I went ahead and ordered a second pair. They have a zip in and out liner and are breathable. Also there is a very tough nylon shinguard right where the thorns and barbed wire usually gets you. Haven’t worn them in warm weather but I’ve been out when it’s down to 18° and nice and warm. I’ve been wearing medium wool socks and a pair of jeans under them. Facemask parka and neoprene gloves with handwarmers on top. It’s nice that they are warm and also breathable a lot of days I’ll walk a couple miles and get pretty toasty.I spoke with a salesman there Matt over the phone who fishes a lot he was very helpful. These were on sale for $200 and I feel like they’re the best wadersI’ve ever had. So if you’re looking for waders give them a call. 

60A8868A-5486-4CFE-9445-FDC90F491C60.jpeg

Thanks for the info. How do the boots feel on the legs? I only wore boot waders  once. Unfortunately the top of the boot hit my leg at the wrong spot and rubbed.

Also I know Simms used say to NOT wear jeans with waders. The denim is too abrasive to the wader material.

The boots are good probably the most comfortable bootfoot waders I’ve ever worn. I put a power step insoles in there because my arches aren’t the best. You know how I fish if I’m not getting something I’m moving usually I’m doing a couple miles a day easy. These guys seemed very easy to work with I think you could buy them walk around the house and if they didn’t feel good they would pay for the shipping back you might check with them first. I think the air space around your feet in a boot foot wader Might make them a little bit warmer. I’ve never been able to get the stocking foot and wading boot thing to work for me with my clown size feet. 

Good info, Phil. Thanks for thinking of the group and for sharing!

I bought some Cabela's boot-foot 5mm neoprene chest waders for the 2021 season and they cost me around $239. They've held up well so far but I wanted a second pair as backup.

I did a fair amount of research online and discovered TideWe. I bought a pair for my brother-in-law and he loves them. Quality is just as good as my Cabela's for less than half the price. This is the exact pair I bought:

https://www.tidewe.com/products/tidewe-hunting-wader-5mm-neoprene-chest-waders-with-rubber-boots

Online reviews say they run large and to get a boot size 1 size smaller than you normally would. I did end up purchasing pair for myself, and with coupon code, no tax, and free shipping, paid $97.50 USD! Have been really impressed with TideWe so far. They have a 1 year manufacturer's warranty -- same as Cabela's. 

If you're ordering, try coupon code EM28 (28% off) or EM25 (25% off). 

6 hours ago, Eric said:

I bought some Cabela's boot-foot 5mm neoprene chest waders for the 2021 season and they cost me around $239. They've held up well so far but I wanted a second pair as backup.

I did a fair amount of research online and discovered TideWe. I bought a pair for my brother-in-law and he loves them. Quality is just as good as my Cabela's for less than half the price. This is the exact pair I bought:

https://www.tidewe.com/products/tidewe-hunting-wader-5mm-neoprene-chest-waders-with-rubber-boots

Online reviews say they run large and to get a boot size 1 size smaller than you normally would. I did end up purchasing pair for myself, and with coupon code, no tax, and free shipping, paid $97.50 USD! Have been really impressed with TideWe so far. They have a 1 year manufacturer's warranty -- same as Cabela's. 

Thanks Eric. Noticed they don’t carry freak sizes. Ha ha. I ended up getting two pairs of the Rogers waders so I may be done for a while but I will keep this on the back burner. Take care and keep those fishing reports coming.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2022 at 11:21 AM, Eric said:

I can second this: I have a pair of the neoprene bootfoot tidewe and they have held up and are very warm. 

18 hours ago, Urbs said:

I can second this: I have a pair of the neoprene bootfoot tidewe and they have held up and are very warm. 

Okay you're the third person I know who has this brand. I think I need to get a pair. Also my breathables and layering don't always cut it in the colder water.

Did you find you had to upsize on shoe size as Eric pointed out some reviewers had to do? I guess I could also order two sizes and send one back.

4 minutes ago, Kev-mo said:

Okay you're the third person I know who has this brand. I think I need to get a pair. Also my breathables and layering don't always cut it in the colder water.

Did you find you had to upsize on shoe size as Eric pointed out some reviewers had to do? I guess I could also order two sizes and send one back.

I bought them off of Amazon who will take things back no questions asked (as I'm sure you know. I drop off random fishing stuff at the Kohl's drop off all the time; they take it all no questions).

I wear a pair of wool socks and tech pants beneath the tidewe waders and again, I'm just amazed at how warm they are (granted, standing in water for hours on end eventually my feet get a bit cold but it's never unbearable; those toe warmers things would probably help a ton but again, it's all very bearable).

just can't beat the price, too.