Dave Whitlock

Mark K

I saw him just a few years ago over at the Indianapolis Fly Fishing Show.  He was tying his Red Fox Squirrel Nymph and frankly I was surprised at how few people were there to watch his seminar.  A lot of younger kids got up and walked out and I wondered if they knew how much this man had contributed to the sport over his lifetime.  Anyway, it was nice to chat with him and his wife over at their booth where he was displaying his artwork .

15 hours ago, Rob G said:

frankly I was surprised at how few people were there to watch his seminar.  A lot of younger kids got up and walked out and I wondered if they knew how much this man had contributed to the sport over his lifetime.  Anyway, it was nice to chat with him and his wife over at their booth where he was displaying his artwork .

same when I met him.  

A friend and I chatted with him and Emily for probably close too an hour.  Nobody else was there. 

I asked him what his favorite smallmouth flies were... surprised to hear a sponge beetle was one. 

• 3 weeks later...

sorry to hear the passing of this great man i  have met 5 times ...but the best time

i remember was sitting with dave and have lefty  sit down  with us...My personal

pair of bookends....        john kowalski  aka crappie john