Heading to the K3?

Guest Mark P

Guest Mark P

I'm thinking about heading to the K3 for the first time on Saturday.

I need help interpreting the following USGS flow data as I haven't monitored it in the past and don't know what the "fishable" flows are. Its a pretty big river.

Today's flow data: 3480 and dropping

Median: 2730

Mean: 2930

Also, I will be wading and would like any advice on good stretches to wade with parking nearby. I don't mind hiking.

If you could provide me with a road name/# and where to park and hike in next to some productive water would be most helpful and appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all who respond.

P.S. I'm going solo and if anybody wants to hook up on the river, I'd enjoy that.

Mark

I was at the State Park last night. Flow is still pretty strong. Should be better this weekend if we don't get much rain.

Go to the main entrance of the State Park, park in any of the many parking areas and then walk the bike path. You might want to rethink wading. Lot's of bass on the beds right now.

Clarity is 12-15". I forgot to get a temp.

I need help interpreting the following USGS flow data as I haven't monitored it in the past and don't know what the "fishable" flows are. Its a pretty big river.

I believe it is about the 2500 mark from the Wilmington gauge that I feel you can wade comfortably, but still with caution.

I believe it is about the 2500 mark from the Wilmington gauge that I feel you can wade comfortably, but still with caution.

I agree with Tim there. I went out on Saturday and the Wilmington gauge was a little under 4000. Too much for me. 2500 would be a lot more comfortable. Good fishing. Paul