Parasite Worm Clips

If you like to fish plastics like senkos but hate it when they slide down, ball up on the hook, and fall off way too quickly, there is a new product that will make your day. They are called Parasite worm clips and worm weights.

Click on the link below and you can see a short video on how they work.

I've been using them for the last few days and have averaged over a dozen bass on ONE Yamamoto Senko! I could have kept using it but it was a little beat up. My previous average was probably 3 fish per bait.

4xoqr8k.jpg4tpnqsg.jpg

The only place I have seen them is at Bass Pro. The one in Springfield Missouri that is. I know they have them online, but I don't know if Bolingbrook has them or not yet.

I know I'll never fish a Senko again without them.

www.parasiteweights.com/index.html

I primarily fish the Senko, "weightless".

I've found the XWG hook, or the G-Lock style hook, the most ideal.

(Round bend do not offer a deep throat depth on the hook).

The XWG hooks result in a better hook-up, and will increase the catch ratio.

Applying a "half-drop" of fishing glue to the hooks offset area, where it passes thru the plastic body, prevents the soft plastics from sliding down.

Inserting a round toothpick, thru the side of the Senko, so the toothpick rests against the offset in the hook, is also effective. After inserting the toothpick, clip-off each end flush with the sides of the Senko.

Works for me.

I got some of these recently and tried them out on Saturday, I was using 1/4 tungsten with a Sweet Beaver. All three fish that I caught on that set up sliced through the nose of the bait. I think the weightless clips may be good but I'm not sold on the weights yet, too prone to appeasiotomy if you will.

No way will I use "fishing glue". I have a hard enough time tying baits standing in the river while holding on to my fishing rod. Trying to put a single drop of superglue on my hook is just trouble waiting to happen. What happens when you want to change baits? Will there be a piece of plastic permanently attached to the hook where you'd like to attach a new bait?

I also found that the medium size parasite clips will work with slider head jigs and whatever plastic you like to use with them.