The New Generation of Bassfishermen

Mark K

So my son, a freshman in HS actually brings his rod and gear to school once a week. They have a club and then a Tournament team. So far with the club they have an outing once a week. Not sure if my kid is interested in the tournament thing. we'll see.

They didn't have stuff when I was in HS :-(

Been pond hopping a lot. As, I was telling Eric s. the other day. I keep seeing these uber serious kids bass fishing. Most of them carry two rods, a backpack...and the absolutely, positively must have... Go-pro to put it on You Tube, I guess.

Personally I think it kind of cool.

Personally, I am sad to see bass fishing turned into a competitive sport, especially in kids. I see kids on other forums who are all looking for tournament sponsors to pay their way when they are only 14. I suppose that might be better than having them not take their noses out of their phones. Tournament fishing has brought a lot of innovation in tackle, but beyond that, I don't see much else that has a positive influence.