gauge heights

John Gillio

Better yet or actually worse yet, take a look at this one from Wildcat creek in Indiana. I was fishing with the Indiana Smallmouth Alliance gentlemen at the annual Camp N Fish and the water was 150 cfs yesterday afternoon, then after last night's and this early mornings horrendous storms, it's 6000 cfs, or 2.5 feet to 11 feet in less than 12 hours time. A town near by where we were camping got 9 inches of rain just last night. A couple of fellow INSA guys' tents were destroyed by the brutal winds and rain. The Tippe was another river fished by some of the group in the late afternoon and it was 400 cfs and it went to 10,000 cfs in less than 12 hours.

Needless to say our weekend got washed out.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/in/nwis/uv?site_no=03335000

Better yet or actually worse yet, take a look at this one from Wildcat creek in Indiana. I was fishing with the Indiana Smallmouth Alliance gentlemen at the annual Camp N Fish and the water was 150 cfs yesterday afternoon, then after last night's and this early mornings horrendous storms, it's 6000 cfs, or 2.5 feet to 11 feet in less than 12 hours time. A town near by where we were camping got 9 inches of rain just last night. A couple of fellow INSA guys' tents were destroyed by the brutal winds and rain. The Tippe was another river fished by some of the group in the late afternoon and it was 400 cfs and it went to 10,000 cfs in less than 12 hours.

Needless to say our weekend got washed out.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/in/nwis/uv?site_no=03335000

Ouch!

Ouch!

yea, when driving back over to the campground the storm's lightning, winds, hail, and rain forced me to seek refuge in an old farm house's barn just off the little road I was traveling and sit it out for almost 30 minutes. (Sorry I didn't mean to take the thread away from Leonore, I've been spending too much time around the more elderly folk who sit around and compare their aches and pain and declare that theirs is worse, ha)

yea, when driving back over to the campground the storm's lightning, winds, hail, and rain forced me to seek refuge in an old farm house's barn just off the little road I was traveling and sit it out for almost 30 minutes. (Sorry I didn't mean to take the thread away from Leonore, I've been spending too much time around the more elderly folk who sit around and compare their aches and pain and declare that theirs is worse, hanO

No problem Rob. The Vermilion peaked at about 7 ft. I expected more. Leonore is boring compared to your Indiana stream.