Can't Quote on the Forums Anymore

Brian R

Anyone have any idea why I can't quote posts anymore on the forums?

Yes I have trouble too. Rx Look at the reply box below. Right below "Reply to this topic" is your icon. Right to the right of that is an icon (BBCode Mode) Click it to grey out the other icons etc. Now the quote will work like it did here. Click quote on the original message. once you have the quote in place, click the BBCode button again to use the icon bar items like emoticons. :rolleyes::wacko: This is a non-intuitive work around. Darned if I know why it works. PS I do not have to do this on my laptop-Vista.

When you are logged in and reading a post, on the right-hand side beneath each post there is an active "MultiQuote" and "Quote" button side by side. If you mouse over the buttons without clicking on them, a small popup will explain their features. I have written them below for those on tablets:

MultiQuote allows you to select multiple posts across multiple topics, then reply to them all at once.
Quote allows you to reply directly to a particular post.

Also, within the group of BBCode feature icons, there is a little "thought bubble" icon, which allows you to manually create a quote. It is to the lower right of the "smiley" icon. If you do not see the group of icons, click the "More Reply Options" button before replying to a post.

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment. ~ Jim Rohn

The top left icon within the feature set allows you to toggle between BBCode and RTE mode. (it looks like a switch) If you do not see the feature icons lit, you are in RTE mode, so click the toggle switch to active BBCode mode and use the features.

There are also "Help" topics explaining how to use the various forum features here:

http://illinoissmallmouthalliance.net/forums/index.php?app=core&module=help

When you are logged in and reading a post, on the right-hand side beneath each post there is an active "MultiQuote" and "Quote" button side by side. If you mouse over the buttons without clicking on them, a small popup will explain their features. I have written them below for those on tablets:

MultiQuote allows you to select multiple posts across multiple topics, then reply to them all at once.

Quote allows you to reply directly to a particular post.

Also, within the group of BBCode feature icons, there is a little "thought bubble" icon, which allows you to manually create a quote. It is to the lower right of the "smiley" icon. If you do not see the group of icons, click the "More Reply Options" button before replying to a post.

The top left icon within the feature set allows you to toggle between BBCode and RTE mode. (it looks like a switch) If you do not see the feature icons lit, you are in RTE mode, so click the toggle switch to active BBCode mode and use the features.

There are also "Help" topics explaining how to use the various forum features here:

http://illinoissmallmouthalliance.net/forums/index.php?app=core&module=help

By Setting my reply to RTE mode, I was able to quote Eric. My destop PC will not quote in BBCode mode. :blink::wacko::unsure::(:ph34r: After I get the quote set in the reply box I can add emoticons by switching back to BBCode. ??????? :(:blink: