Murdich minnow help

Allen Rupp

I found the "Zap" glues work just fine. I have used this on almost all my streamer flies, and have never had eyes come off the fly. The "Zap" 5-minute epoxy I have found to be even stronger, but the regular dropper or brush on is totally fine. Dont use it sparingly, I put some on the back of the eye, and drop a little in the material where the eyes are going to help it soak in to the hook shank. The 5 minute epoxy is nice because it doesnt instantly want to stick to your fingers or tool, unlike the regular Zap which is essentially super glue. Either way, use plenty without it looking sloppy. Ryan

Thanks for your help. I have been trying the cyanoacrylate glues and can't get thm to hold worth a darn. I've tried the epoxy and it works well. I don't like how it browns over time... I know I am being super picky, but there must be a third option... I'll try goop

• 3 weeks later...

I tie my murdich minnows with the clear goo dumbell eyes. Never have to worry about them falling off. Another tip is to tie them on extra wide gap offset hooks and turn the dumbells upside down on the hook. Works amazing.

• 3 weeks later...

I've used a product very similar to this I bought at Chicago fly they have their own kit.....but it's awesome definitely worth the investment in the uv flash light. http://www.amazon.com/Loon-Outdoors-Finish-Fishing-Bodies/dp/B00JCBD5W8