Strange noise?

Ryan Kral

Hey guys, while in the driftless area this weekend, myself and my buddy heard what sounds like a heartbeat in your head, but progressively gets faster and only lasts about 5-10 seconds. It almost sounds like it's your heartbeat in your head. I've heard this same noise before multiple times, and I remember hearing the same noise in Yellowstone. Only thing I could think of is it has something to do with ground shifting/thawing or something? Don't feel any movement, just hear it. It always sounds the exact same. My buddy heard it, but didn't say anything because he thought it was something weird going on in his head! I heard it multiple times but didn't say anything because I've heard it before, and just figured it's something from the earth. Anybody ever hear this while in the outdoors? Ryan

I thought maybe something with thawing ground because i read about weird noises being heard in other parts of wisconsin, and the only explanation researchers had was thawing ground. But the noises they described weren't really what I was hearing. Obviously these animals are well adapted and blend into their surroundings, but i have never seen any in the area, probably because I'm to focused on the water, and not looking for them. You learn something new everyday! After watching that, I remember seeing this on some nature show a long time ago. Thanks, Ryan

"myself and my buddy heard what sounds like a heartbeat in your head, but progressively gets faster and only lasts about 5-10 seconds. It almost sounds like it's your heartbeat in your head."

That would have freaked me out :D , but now I won't have to. Thanks Ryan.