Red Canoe

Ed Buric

My Mohawk solo 14 royalex canoe is now for sale.I have purchased a new solo canoe and although I would like to keep the Mohawk I just don't have room for 3 canoes.

She is used and has some character lines and some battle scars but there are still a lot of good years in her.I have paddled her in Ozark Mountain rivers,Illinois rivers from A to V, Wisconsin rivers and lakes, the Sylvania Wilderness, on Lake Michigan and in Southern cypress swamps.She is a good all around canoe.

By the way,after this year they will no longer make royalex which is the perfect material for a river canoe.She weighs in at 40 lbs which is not bad for a 14 foot canoe in royalex.

I am asking $350 if I deliver it or $300 if you pick it up.

rsz_100_2707.jpg

I can't believe your getting rid of ol' red! The big question is: will the new boat carry your stove, table, water kitchen sink, refrigerator, microwave and provisions to feed a small army that I've grow accustomed to?

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a Souris River solo tripper in the el tigre red colour with the kevlar layup.It is a really neat looking high performance canoe.

Jude shouldn't have to keep waiting for me to catch up with him now.

http://www.sourisriver.com/tranquility.html

Welcome to the world of Kevlar. You are going to love loosing 20# of plastic for the rest of your life.

I'd take you up on your offer, Ed, but I promised my wife we would buy a two-person canoe in the spring. We did some float trips last summer and found a nice balance between her love for the outdoors and my river smallmouth addiction.

I'd take you up on your offer, Ed, but I promised my wife we would buy a two-person canoe in the spring. We did some float trips last summer and found a nice balance between her love for the outdoors and my river smallmouth addiction.

You're a lucky man to find such a fine balance in your marriage.Now if you can get her to paddle while you cast :)

Don't worry about the canoe.There is a sale pending.

I am the one who is buying the red canoe. I envision the canoe seeing a LOT of smallies in the future. Also...mild whitewater in the ozarks, arkansas and southern IL, BWCA trips, river cleanups, and 50 miles of the buffalo river in Arkansas this May. It will be added to the stable of 3 other canoes, a john boat, and a bass boat. Who doesn't need 6 boats??

Thanks for the comment Ed, my wife even chuckled. By the way, she does 90% of the paddling so I can fish. The only time I take over is when we're about to run into something big and hard.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.