Anybody use Yamamoto Fat Baby Craws

pts9889

I see that a lot of guys like the Yum craws. Anybody use the Fat Baby Craws? I like them for largemouth and was wondering who is using them on rivers and streams. I Tex-rig mine for largemouth. How do you rig them for the rivers? Thanks for any input. Paul

I see that a lot of guys like the Yum craws. Anybody use the Fat Baby Craws? I like them for largemouth and was wondering who is using them on rivers and streams. I Tex-rig mine for largemouth. How do you rig them for the rivers? Thanks for any input. Paul

I think I have some. Don't know if they are fat baby craws (threw the packaging away) but they are small (3 1/2"...?) Yamamoto craws. Haven't fished them yet, either. Ken at GAT gave me a few tips and suggested to cut half of the tail off and tip a strike king bitsy bug ( or something similar) with the craw. Hope that helps.

I'll be fishing them this spring.

Haven't tried the Fat Baby Craws yet, but here are two that I started throwing last year and both seemed to produce well. Both are from Poor Boys Baits. The little paddletail is an "Erie Darter Jr." and the craw is called "Craw Daddy" and measures 3" long. I rig the craw with a 1/0 or 2/0 Gamakatsu EWG Texas-rigged and usually use an 1/8-oz. weight. The darter can be drop-shotted in deeper holes or threaded onto a jighead and just popped along the bottom and drifted in the current.

-BW