The Long Legged Liger is Alive

Guest Josh Glovinsky

Guest Josh Glovinsky

Working on some new fly patterns, Here is one I came with that I hope will catch some fish. Since we are supposed to have a nice warm up tomorrow I will give it a try tomorrow afternoon.

post-1878-0-01493800-1350343411_thumb.jpg

post-1878-0-85257800-1350343469_thumb.jpg

Guest Josh Glovinsky

Googled image for Frosty Minnow fly and saw several different flies, curious as to your version. As Terry said, when 15 becomes a bad day, I'm in trouble.

Most of the smallies where of the smaller nature if 10-12". Anyways the Frosty Minnow is nothing more than my variation of the clouser based on the DNA Clouser. This video is where I got the idea from:

Mine is different yet as he uses a number 2 hook, real eyes and no flash. I think a number 2 hook is too much hook based on the length of the fish fibers but what do I know. The bigger hook may keep it out of the mouths of the super small ones though. I am making a video on how to tie my Frosty Minnow and if you are interested in seeing it, just PM me and I will send you the link when it is done.

I will send you one of each color if you want. Just PM address.It would be cool to get some other people to test it.

Josh,

I'm sure I and others would love to see the video of your fly. Don't hesitate to post it on YouTube or Vimeo and then post the link here in this thread for all to see. As far as sending some samples, that is extremely generous but hold onto those right now and I think we're going to run a smallmouth fly swap before too long and would love for your to participate with your Frosty Minnow.

Rob