New boat

Dana Lee

Guest rich mc

in a perfect situation you would have a larger boat for bigger waters, a river boat for rivers and small lakes and a coosa or cuda for the other waters. if i were you i get the new boat, easier to tow, and only one boat to store and maintain just make sure its a 24volt electric motor . rich

Back to basics. What do you need the boat for? Can one do the job? What is your budget? How much will you use the boat? Optimize from there keeping in mind that used is going to be more economical though new may be better if you anticipate a lot of use.

I am going to fish bump and run tourneys. catch some fish, drop em in the well, find another competitor to bump them and drop em back in the lake. they use golden rules to determine weight. no gill hooking to weigh em and much better chance of survival not ripping down the lake for a kicker fish, with 5 or 6 in the well. I have a 14 ft. John just need 25hp motor? (someone please explain jets to me), trolling motor and to deck it out.

I am hearing that tracker marine does not stand behind their products, so the warranties are useless. I know someone has a BT on here. let's hear it.

All I do is fish. I got some nice hunting stuff if anyone is interested, pm me. I'm quitting hunting.

No Mike, we don't shoot carp, we just happened to fill that barrel with some really big crappie that evening : )

Actually that photo was on the Ohio River this past year and yea we shot more than a few of the Asian Silver and Bighead carp the night before. The lights and generator come right out and the large 1860 makes for nice casting platforms for normal fishing and flyfishing as well. Two boats would be nice, both tricked out for more specific uses but one boat is a large enough hole to keep throwing money into, can't imagine the up keep on two boats.

Guest rich mc

i like your boat rob. but i got youe beat i have amirricraft 1886,no console but two side bench compartment. i also extended the front deck back another 24inches for more storage underneat. it was powered by a 1968 9.9 johnson that died last year rich

i like your boat rob. but i got youe beat i have amirricraft 1886,no console but two side bench compartment. i also extended the front deck back another 24inches for more storage underneat. it was powered by a 1968 9.9 johnson that died last year rich

Now that's wide, maybe no longer a boat but rather a barge. Was it a commercial fisher at one time? I can't believe that old Johnson didn't wave the white flag sooner when having to push that beast around. Got photos?

Sounds like we are trading trips then, huh? never whacked a fish. was supposed to go with brackett but he kinda turned me off with his potty mouth in public....