3rd annual Early Show 11/2/13

xdvy9s.jpg

The Early Show - 3rd Annual

Join the ISA Bassbuggers and DRiFT as they host the 3rd annual Early Show, Chicagoland’s only local fly fishing and fly tying show!

This year’s program will include: regional vendors, fly tyers from many of the Chicago area fly fishing clubs, regional guides and several free guest speaker presentations. Federation of Fly Fishers certified casting instructors will be available for on the water instruction, along with on the water spey casting demonstrations.

Come and sit down with some of the area’s best fly tyers as they demonstrate their talents tying a wide variety of warmwater, coldwater and specialty fly patterns. Bring the kids and have them take advantage of the free youth fly tying program. View the actual bugs that fish eat under a high-powered microscope.

Show Features:

• 25+ Regional fly tyers – sit and watch them create a fly for the waters they fish

• FFF certified casting instructors will provide free on the water casting instruction

• Regional fishing guides will be on hand to book trips

• Free guest speaker presentations all day long

• Entomology program with real bugs that can be viewed under a microscope

• Free youth fly tying sessions with all the materials provided

• Area vendor booths with products for sale

• Many Chicago area clubs will be in attendance

The show will again be located at the Batavia VFW Post 1197 on the banks of the Fox River in downtown Batavia Illinois. Food service will be available.

Mark your calendar now for the first fly fishing show of the Fall season.

Admission is $10.00 for adults - kids under 10 are free.

Show Location: VFW Post 1197

645 River Street

Batavia, IL. 60510

Show Date: Saturday, November 2, 2013

Show Time: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rich mc

for those getting ready for the tying season the hawkeyefly tyer will have lots of material for sale . uv chenille, mustad 3366[bass pro stopped stocking them] tiemco 8089hooks, feathers, synthetics flash, bucktails,thread ETC. rich mc

This is a great event. My brother-in-law and I attended last year. We got a good deal on some material and bought some of Jonn's flies. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this year. Hope all goes well and that this event continues to grow.

Just over a week to go:

15 vendors including 5 shops, 3 reps, 4 guides plus

Books, vintage & used gear for sale and

Dan Basore's Historical fishing display - bring your old gear for Dan to identify.

Lunch available featuring Chef Spiz's homemade chili & sandiches.

Speakers:

Austin, Grab your Fly 11am Drift boat smallies, Carp on the flats

Abe Downs, Blackwater - 1 pm Musky on the fly

P J Smith, PJ Guides - 3pm Driftless trout

Plus tiers & casting lessons all day.

I am helping a friend sell part of his collection of fly rods. Some of you know him as my fishing partner for steelhead. Early in his journey into flyfishing, he bought many different sizes and weights of fly rods on the advice of fly shop salesmen. He has now matured in flyfishing and finds that he doesn't need all of these rods. In fact, the rods being offered for sale have never been fished or even used for casting practice. They are essentially new even though they may be approximately 15 years old.

These rods will be sold at the ISA/DRiFT Early Show at the VFW Post 1197 in Batavia on November 2, 2013. The VFW Post is located at 645 River Street, Batavia, IL 60510. The show runs from 8AM until 5 PM.

The items for sale are listed below:

Tom Morgan Rodsmiths 2pc, 8ft 6in, 3Wt, Current list price $1345

Winston IM6, 2pc, 8ft, 4Wt , No current list price, no longer offered by Winston

Scierra IC3, 4pc, 9ft, 8Wt , No current list price, no longer offered by Scierra

L.L. Bean Double L Classic Traveller, 8pc, 9ft, 9Wt Current list price $285

Orvis Trident TL, 2 pc, 8ft 6in, 5Wt , No current list price, no longer offered by Orvis

C&F Design CFT-1000 Marco Polo Fly Tying System , Current list price about $650

He would very much like to sell these at this show and will accept any reasonable offer.

If you are interested in any of these items and cannot attend the Early Show, please PM me to make other arrangements to see the rods.

Don't be shy,even if your not a fly fisher come on out and see what it's all about.Even better why not volunteer a little of your time to help out your club.You'll find it to be a rewarding experience.I guarantee that you will have a good time and learn a little something that you can use no matter what your style of fishing.

Raffle items & details:

Lunch available 11 to 2pm, thanks to Chef Spiz

Raffle

Tickets $1.00 each or 6/$5. Drawing at 4 pm

Raffle Prizes:

Silver Ghost 10’ 9” – 5wt. rod & Waterproof sling pack

Donated by LL Bean

Plano box of Rich’s flies

Donated by Rich McEligott

Two Rainey’s fly assortments (12) and

2 ½ dozen Rainey’s poppers

Donated by Rainey’s Flies

Musky flies

Donated by Abe Downs, Blackwater Flyfishing

TFO Signature 1 rod 9’ 9wt.

Diamondback Flawless rod 9’ 7wt.

Donated by ISA

Basket of Items from Brightwater Fly Angler

Don't be shy,even if your not a fly fisher come on out and see what it's all about.Even better why not volunteer a little of your time to help out your club.You'll find it to be a rewarding experience.I guarantee that you will have a good time and learn a little something that you can use no matter what your style of fishing.

the day after tomorrow

The early show was an amazing event. These events take so much effort. Lining up guides, reps, vendors and food. Everyone appeared to have taken an engaging attitude. Supporting vendors, sitting at a fly tying table, etc.

A warm thank you to all our key players. John L., Ed B., Spiz, Eugene C. To name a few. I know there are more. Please take no offense not to be mentioned.

I am proud to be an ISA member.