fly show volunteers

John Loebach

The Great waters fly show is next weekend. Friday 2/16 2:30pm to 7:00 pm, Saturday 2/17 9:00am to 6:00 pm, Sunday 2/18 9:00am to 4:00 pm. We need 2 or 3 members at a time to staff the ISA booth. The show has alot to offer including tying demonstrations, seminars and free casting lessons.

Plan on enough time to work a couple of hours and see the show. Link to program schedule: http://www.greatwaters2007.com/chischedule.html

Post or pm me to let me know when you can help. Thanks, John

Since we only have two shows left I thought I'd post this outline to help volunteers work the booth. We have had mediocre success regarding sign ups this year at the shows and the Fly show has the potential for a lot of new members. This is the time to sell it hard and ASK FOR THE MONEY ON THE SPOT. I intend to work it hard on Sunday when I'm there.

Sport Shows

An outline for members working the booth

An overview of what we'd like to accomplish.

2 main objectives:

Inform people about the ISA and recruit new members.

Handouts:

A brochure with a Blowout flyer inside. You should attempt to hand every person that walks by the booth a brochure. The reason being is that not everyone is comfortable talking with someone and they may go home and read about us and consider joining. If they don't have anything, there is no way they're going to join.

If someone stops:

You might open with the question: Do you ever fish for smallmouth bass in Illinois? We have some fantastic fishing here in Illinois. Let them know that the ISA does a great deal of conservation in the state regarding smallmouth. (use the brochure page that describes all we've done in the last few years) Go to the sale: Tell them it's only $25. per year and their money goes towards all the great things we do. They also get 6 great newsletters a year and we have outings and meetings throughout the state. ASK THEM FOR THE MONEY!

WRITE DOWN EVERY TRANSACTION. If we can have a stapler in the booth I prefer stapling all money INCLUDING CASH right on the application. If someone wants to buy Blowout tickets WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING and staple money to what you've written down. Use the forms provided, and fill it out completely. Especially, check off the boxes with method of payment. PRINT LEGIBLY AND DON’T LET THE GUY WRITE HIS OWN!!

Item 4:

Don't make false (inflated) promises about spots or locations or any other exaggeration. If you don't know the answer to something, ask another member in the booth.

Item 5:

This is not a place to BS about fishing for 20 minutes with someone. I know it's inevitable that there will be fish talk but try and steer the conversation to joining the ISA. If the person gives you the indication early on they have no intention of signing up, you can ease your way out of it and look for other people walking by. Too many times you spend a half hour with someone who doesn't join while loads of other prospective people walk by.

Table:

Table should remain on the side not in front clear of clutter (no photo albums).

We accept MasterCard and Visa