Central IL outing this Sat. on the Mackinaw River/ luncheon

We will meet at Busy Corner in Goodfield for the best breakfast in the state. 730 is the meeting time for breakfast. We will hang out in the parking lot till a little after 8 for any late risers. The fishing will be fantastic, it's up to you to make the catching fall in behind. The river is low, but has been fishing good. Tentative plan is to fish your face off and head back to Harold's for lunch about 1. Please bring your own food and drink as we will cookout on the grill. Any questions, shoot me a pm.

I want to come, but probably can't be in Goodfield that early (granddaughter duties overnight while their parents karaoke, so may need to return them home, first) I think I'll come later in the morning, probably fish above or below the Rt. 150 bridge by Goodfield, then join the group at @1 at Harold's. Any other suggestion of location?

By the way, does it violate some sacred rule to mention the bridge location?

That place gets hit so hard already by bucketheads that it's of no concern. Now what I could tell you about the locations within the location would be frowned upon. PM sent.

I will be coming down for the outing. I live up north, have a place down south and grew up in central Illinois, so I guess I qualify for a mid state event.

Had a good time at the outing. Seven members attended and a few small fish were landed. Everything was great except the catching. The river was still low but the visibility was terrible due to a big rain that muddied up the water a few days ago. Thanks to Harold for the cookout and his wife for the woderful pie! Also, kudos to Dana for organizing the event. I look forward to trying the Mack again with clear water.Finally, the breakfast at the restaurant was as advertised. Where else can you get a western omelette served on top of hash browns and smothered in melted cheese and then covered with gravy.

That was one of my worst showings in years. As much as I hate to say it, Fred put the whuppin on me. I didn't see his fish, so I guess it could go either way... :P

Not sure my two tiny fish, barely bigger than my fly, qualifies as putting a "whuppin" on anybody. Almost makes me want to trek up to Kishwaukee next Saturday to see if there is a river that really has fish in it.