Smallie Hunters thursday 7/14

A quick report on last nights gathering at Clarke Island park in Batavia. Total 12 attended, all caught fish with a mix of sizes up to 15". Lots of good structure in the same area at this location meant we wound up back in more or less at the same time. Several of us proceeded downtown to pursue a burger & beer. Found the latter but the cooks were done at 2 places by 9pm, had fun anyway on the ISA version of a pub crawl.

Next week at South Elgin same day & time - Eugene will post meeting place details. Anyone get some good pics?

John

Thanks for getting this started John,it turned out to be a very successful outing,I just wish we could get this good of a turnout for a regularly scheduled outing.All in all it was a very enjoyable evening for everyone there.

Even I caught fish despite forgetting my waders :blink:

I think 8 of 12, not that we're counting. I always like to have a variety of techniques in use on an outing to compare what was working. My fish were on streamers, Spiz took his on a gurgler. Spinning worked best with a jig & plastic although a zara puppy & beetle spin took fish. Fun for all as you hope for.