New event 8/6/11

John Loebach

Stuart Green is the rep for Guideline a Swedish company looking to establish more presence in the USA market. Known in Europe for years as a top rod, reel & line manufacturer with an emphasis on spey casting gear (but not exclusively). Stuart has a FREE instructional day on the water planned with the opportunity to test cast all of their rods, get one on one help with matching lines to rods & see casting seminars by several experts. Also I've been asked to present on smallie fishing with the fly rod. We can also use the event to promote the ISA. Similar to the Cast & Compare I have run annually you are invited to bring your rod(s) to share & compare. I'll post more as it comes together.

CHICAGO FLY FISHING FEST 2011 Saturday, August 6th on the Fox River at Glenwood Park, off Route 25, Batavia IL. 9:00AM – 5:00PM This will be a showcase of Guideline Products www.guidelineflyfish.com and Staff. This free event will give you an opportunity to test their latest products and to receive instruction from their top flight staff.

All attendees will receive a 15% off coupon for Guideline purchases from www.flydepot.com. Coupon valid until August 31, 2011. Please visit www.steelheadsite.com to pre-register…

This event is being held in conjunction with DRiFT www.driftorg.com, Steelhead Site www.steelheadsite.com, ISA (IL Smallmouth Alliance) www.illinoissmallmouthalliance.com and more organizations. Details to follow… During this event, through a series of workshops, we will demonstrate Single-Handed Rods, Two-Handed Rods, and Common Casting faults and how to correct them. Our instructors will show you how to get the best from your own and Guideline equipment. Peter Humphreys will tie Templedog Tube Flies on FITS Tubing. Come and cast the New Ready-to-Go and MMD Lines. You may have seen them in the local fly shops and read about them on forums: now’s your chance to test them! Feel the difference when both the rod and line are in balance and complement one another. Try out the Guideline Switch Rod with the Extending Handle, designed so you can “switch” from Single Handed to Two Handed with ease. Cast the New 4 Piece Rods. Check out our Connect DDC SH lines that match so perfectly they sing on our Switch Rods.

We will have all our Guideline Single Handed Rod Series with matching lines available for you to cast and to receive instruction. This is a great way to get fly casting lessons free of charge: 15-20 minutes with a good teacher can make the world of difference in your casting and enjoyment level.

If you have a fly rod and line that you find hard to cast, bring them along and one of our staff members will help you match your rod to a line which will allow you to get the most from your gear. This is a great opportunity for you to fine tune your equipment at No Charge! Beginners very welcome! Let one of our team show you the basics of fly fishing.

If you are thinking about, new to, or experienced in fly fishing, this is the perfect opportunity for you.

COME MEET AND LEARN FROM THE FOLLOWING:

Dr. Art Mazzier, FFF, MCI. Drift Member and Master Caster, will hold Single Handed Rod Casting Demos and workshops. Dr. Art is a great character and a superb caster, Art will run demos and will be available for a Q&A session as well.

Eric Stroup, Eric has solidified his reputation as one of the premier guides in the east. As the official instructor of the Regal Engineering Fly Tying School in Pennsylvania, Eric enjoys sharing his knowledge of fly tying and the entomology that enhances any Eastern Fly Fishing experience. An accomplished writer and presenter with feature articles in Fly Fisherman Magazine and Eastern Fly Fishing. Eric puts on a great demo and should not be missed.

Doug Taylor, Guideline Power Team, will demonstrate the basics of Spey Casting.. Doug is also a master at matching and looping lines to suit your rods. If you bring your own rod, Doug will assist you in finding the correct line that improves your casting..This is another great way to improve your casting at No Cost.

Peter Humphreys, FFF, MCI,THCI Guideline Power Team, will demonstrate Spey Casting at the intermediate and advance level along with tying Templedog Tube Flies. Pete will be on hand all day to help with casting instruction, come get a FREE lesson from one of the Midwest’s premier casting instructors.

John Loebach, Director of Fly Fishing at ISA (IL Smallmouth Bass Alliance). John will run demos on how to fly fish for Smallmouth Bass. This will be a great way to learn how present flies to Smallmouth Bass and you’ll be watching one of the Midwest’s great Smallmouth Bass Fly Fisherman in action..

Guideline Fly Fishing will sponsor a Casting Competition. The rules and prizes for this will be posted separately

• 4 weeks later...

More detail including times to see speaker presentations:

CHICAGO FLY FISHING FEST 2011

Saturday, August 6th on the Fox River at Glenwood Park, off Route 25, Batavia IL. 9:00AM – 5:00PM

This will be a showcase of Guideline Products www.guidelineflyfish.com and Staff. This free event will give you an opportunity to test their latest products and to receive instruction from their top flight staff.

All attendees will receive a 15% off coupon for Guideline purchases from www.flydepot.com. Coupon valid until August 31, 2011. Please visit www.steelheadsite.com to pre-register…

This event is being held in conjunction with DRiFT www.driftorg.com, Steelhead Site www.steelheadsite.com, ISA (IL Smallmouth Bass Alliance) www.illinoissmallmouthalliance.com and more organizations. Details to follow…

During this event, through a series of workshops, we will demonstrate Single-Handed Rods, Two-Handed Rods, and Common Casting faults and how to correct them. Our instructors will show you how to get the best from your own and Guideline equipment. Peter Humphreys will tie Templedog Tube Flies on FITS Tubing.

Come and cast the New Ready-to-Go and MMD Lines. You may have seen them in the local fly shops and read about them on forums: now’s your chance to test them! Feel the difference when both the rod and line are in balance and complement one another.

Try out the Guideline Switch Rod with the Extending Handle, designed so you can “switch” from Single Handed to Two Handed with ease. Cast the New 4 Piece Rods. Check out our Connect DDC SH lines that match so perfectly they sing on our Switch Rods.

We will have all our Guideline Single Handed Rod Series with matching lines available for you to cast and to receive instruction. This is a great way to get fly casting lessons free of charge: 15-20 minutes with a good teacher can make the world of difference in your casting and enjoyment level.

If you have a fly rod and line that you find hard to cast, bring them along and one of our staff members will help you match your rod to a line which will allow you to get the most from your gear. This is a great opportunity for you to fine tune your equipment at No Charge!

Beginners very welcome! Let one of our team show you the basics of fly fishing.

If you are thinking about, new to, or experienced in fly fishing, this is the perfect opportunity for you.

COME MEET AND LEARN FROM THE FOLLOWING:

9:00AM AND 1:00PM Dr. Art Mazzier, FFF, MCI. Drift Member and Master Caster, will hold Single Handed Rod Casting Demos and workshops. Art is a great character and a superb caster, Art will run demos and will be available for a Q&A session as well.

9:45am AND 1:45PM Eric Stroup, Eric has solidified his reputation as one of the premier guides in the east. As the official instructor of the Regal Engineering Fly Tying School in Pennsylvania, Eric enjoys sharing his knowledge of fly tying and the entomology that enhances any Eastern Fly Fishing experience. An accomplished writer and presenter with feature articles in Fly Fisherman Magazine and Eastern Fly Fishing. Eric puts on a great demo and should not be missed.

10:30AM AND 2:30PM Doug Taylor, Guideline Power Team, will demonstrate the basics of Spey Casting.. Doug is also a master at matching and looping lines to suit your rods. If you bring your own rod, Doug will assist you in finding the correct line that improves your casting..This is another great way to improve your casting at No Cost.

11:15AM AND 3:15PM Peter Humphreys, FFF, MCI,THCI Guideline Power Team, will demonstrate Spey Casting at the intermediate and advance level along with tying Templedog Tube Flies. Pete will be on hand all day to help with casting instruction, come get a FREE lesson from one of the Midwest’s premier casting instructors.

12:OO NOON AND 4:00PM John Loebach, Director of Fly Fishing at ISA (IL Smallmouth Alliance). John will run demos on how to fly fish for Smallmouth Bass. This will be a great way to learn how present flies to Smallmouth Bass and you’ll be watching one of the Midwest’s great Smallmouth Bass Fly Fisherman in action.

Bassbuggers, this will be a GREAT event. INK it in on your calendar.

I met Stuart Green and Doug Taylor last sunday morning at Glenwood FP and these guys know their stuff about casting and fishing. Stuart is a real gentleman and can cast a country mile. I watched Doug working with John L on a Switch Rod and KRIKEY, it was utterly amazing seeing Doug teach and handle that rod. Right shoulder, left shoulder, change of directions - He's GOOD! They are also just plain fun to interact with.

Come on out - you will learn and have fun at the same time!

Let's support this wonderful opportunity to improve our fly rod skills.

CoryG

• 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder that this Saturday is a daylong opportunity to get free help with gear & casting questions from very qualified Guidelines pro staff as well as FFF certified casting instructor Doc Art Mazzier. At noon I'll do my best to share tips on Fox bassin' with the fly rod. Come out& mention to Stuart Green the host that you heard about it here!

Guest rich mc

that was an event that hit the spot. everyone was to eager to help. i enjoyed seeing a temple dog tube fly being tied. tube flies are showing up more for smallies and ill be pursuing them in the future. i brought along my 8wt bvk and with one of my big worm flies on it i asked for some pointers. eric [from quidelines] picked up ona few things i was off on and my casting of that fly improved greatly.

the food vendor was outstanding as well. he went out of his way for me to take two sandwiches hometo eat later.he packaged them separately and they were delicious later.

ed even signed up a new member! rich