QC Region Apple River Outing

On Saturday, June 25 Dave Jones (563-299-2759) will coordinate an outing to wade the Apple River. We will meet at the Apple River Canyon State Park at 8:00. Because this is skinny water group size will be limited. Please call if you plan to attend.

Dave, I too have a family wedding to attend in Michigan that weekend so I won't be able to join. I was up there earlier in the week and the water was quite high (for the apple). I was shocked to see how much that river has changed (the original stretch we're all familiar with) in the past year. I literally could not recognize entire100 yard sections that I previously had memorized. While i had my worst day ever in terms of numbers, I did bring 3 pretty good sized fish to hand and lost two more. They were really aggravating that day- just pecking but not picking up. No solid hits or takes- I simply got lucky timing a couple sets in order to land what I did.

You should have a good day if the water levels cooperate- I look forward to your report and if you need to reschedule, do let me know- Ron

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Don R

Judging from Paul T's recent success you folks should do very well today! Those 100 retired breeders that the DNR stocked from the hatchery should bite at pretty much anything you throw at 'em ;)

Who knows...perhaps several members will end up with their 20" "trophy" smallie today! :rolleyes:

Just remember to put a * in your record books like a baseball player on steroids. :P

I'm kidding of course! Just a bit jealous.

I would meet here dennys.com(815) 397-1819 - 1541 Sandy Hollow Rd, Rockford, IL at about 6:00am and have a nice breakfast before heading to the beautiful Apple River. It is right on 20 as you jump off of I-39.

Wedding anniversary today, Dave . . . so gave the bride her choice of activities today which resulted in a day at the Long Grove Strawberry Festival, thereby precluding The Apple.