Wader Leak

Kev-mo

Found out my waders have a small leak in the left foot in the back at the heel/ankle. It appears to be the seams on the neoprene footie. I assume this is pretty unfixable however if anyone has any ideas please share. They are still wearable but it will only get worse...

Found out my waders have a small leak in the left foot in the back at the heel/ankle. It appears to be the seams on the neoprene footie. I assume this is pretty unfixable however if anyone has any ideas please share. They are still wearable but it will only get worse...

Try using Gorilla Glue.Tiny leaks in the foot can sometimes be difficult to locate.When that happens I wear a pair of waterproof socks from Sealskinz which come in both lightweight & insulated versions.

Same thing happened to me. I used marine Goop. Still holding so far.

How did you find the leak in the neoprene or did you just do a big smear patch? Marine Goop is the brand name? Aquaseal the same thing?

Thanks Ron!

Aquaseal is actually the preferred way to repair neoprene for small leaks. If you stretch the neoprene a little over the tip of your finger many times you can easily find the leak. Use a small dab of the Aquaseal since you don't want to create a bump that can irritate your foot. I've repaired many waders this way and the repair lasts for years.

Aquaseal is actually the preferred way to repair neoprene for small leaks. If you stretch the neoprene a little over the tip of your finger many times you can easily find the leak. Use a small dab of the Aquaseal since you don't want to create a bump that can irritate your foot. I've repaired many waders this way and the repair lasts for years.

Thanks Mike. I did a little research of my own and found that aquaseal makes a product specifically for neoprene as opposed to the "regular" aquaseal which seems to be more for goretex. Also found someone located the leak in their waders reversing a shop vac and putting soapy water on their waders. I suppose I could also just use a bucket of water like finding a leak in an innertube when I was a kid but still using the shop vac. Just have to be careful not to get too much air pressure in there.

Aquaseal does work well but it's expensive,not widely available & has an annoying tendency to harden in the tube over time rendering it useless.To deal with this tendency keeping it frozen is recommended.I have a cupl tubes in my feezer which hopefully will be ok once they're thawed out.Being waterproof GG will probably do just as well w/o the negatives.Shoe Goo can also be used but it's probably not as durable.

Aquaseal does work well but it's expensive,not widely available & has an annoying tendency to harden in the tube over time rendering it useless.To deal with this tendency keeping it frozen is recommended.I have a cupl tubes in my feezer which hopefully will be ok once they're thawed out.Being waterproof GG will probably do just as well w/o the negatives.Shoe Goo can also be used but it's probably not as durable.

Yeah read about and heard about those issues. Fixes were to get it out of the tube neck and freeze. I also read on another package of something glue like that I have that putting vaseline around the threads helps keep it sealed and that the cap will come off so I'll also try that. I did find a local source and the tube I want is not too pricey.