BIG fly box

Guest airbornemike

Guest airbornemike

I almost purchased a Cliff fly box the other day http://www.midcurren...uggerbeast.aspx

I have grown tired of trying to stuff six inches of deciever and other large critters into my standard boxes.

The Cliff box I played with looked nice enough, but man $40.00 for fly storage, I put it back on the shelf. Long story short, I stop at Gander Mountain today on my way home from work and find the same exact box with a Lazer Trokar sticker slapped on it for $10.00.

21obyo7.jpg

23sj43q.jpg

I need to put slit foam on the other half of the box

They had a pile of them I'm gonna get two more!

Nice tip Mike.

What are the dimensions of the box? Try using sticky back EVA craft foam applied in overlaping strips to create ridges that you can stick the hook points into. That is how I have converted plain boxes into fly boxes.

I almost purchased a Cliff fly box the other day http://www.midcurrent.com/articles/gear/cutchin_buggerbeast.aspx

I have grown tired of trying to stuff six inches of deciever and other large critters into my standard boxes.

The Cliff box I played with looked nice enough, but man $40.00 for fly storage, I put it back on the shelf. Long story short, I stop at Gander Mountain today on my way home from work and find the same exact box with a Lazer Trokar sticker slapped on it for $10.00.

I need to put slit foam on the other half of the box

They had a pile of them I'm gonna get two more!

Gander Mountain? Damn big box turds! ;)

Guest airbornemike

Nice tip Mike.

What are the dimensions of the box? Try using sticky back EVA craft foam applied in overlaping strips to create ridges that you can stick the hook points into. That is how I have converted plain boxes into fly boxes.

10" X 6.5" X 2.75" To big for a vest or my man purse, more for a boat, back pack or youre car.