Stream Sampling and Filming Follow-up

Norm Minas, his son Zachary, Mark O'Donnell, Trading Post tackle store owner Nick Carr and the documentary filmmakers spent a gorgeous morning at Rock Creek. The Kankakee Daily Journal had a reporter covering the event for the paper as well.

Many thanks to all that helped.

Once again, Norm did a spectacular job hosting the group and doing the narration for the entire process.

The video and photos tell the story.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid171.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fu289%2FClaymation_2007%2FItsOurRiverDay030.mp4">

ItsOurRiverDay032.jpg

ItsOurRiverDay060.jpg

ItsOurRiverDay050.jpg

ItsOurRiverDay063.jpg

ItsOurRiverDay021.jpg

ItsOurRiverDay067.jpg

When I first found out today I was doing the narrative part I thought when the camera started I would either sound like Porky Pig or not be able to properly explain things because of a brain cramp. Actuallly once the camera started the butterflies soon went away and it was fairly easy to do.

Zach and I took the film crew out on a mini tour so they could film some places they wanted for background but were not completely sure how to find. They also ended up with a little footage of Zach and I fishing together.

I thought it went well today and hopefully it will help raise awareness of the sedimentation problems the Kankakee River faces and of the River Watch program so that more will participate.

The only thing I would do different is to insist that they let me play myself instead of just using my voice. That actor they used was way too old to play someone as young looking as mmyself.

few crawdads, a helgie, mayfly and a few others. we didn't work real hard on the id as we only had a magnifying glass. we didn't gather a lot because the water was so low and lots of sand.

it was more in the nature of doing a demo for recruiting for the river watch than a serious attempt at collecting bugs.