Fox willow planting

Thanks to all of the 31 volunteers that helped on Saturday morning. Planting was done by 11am & several were on the way to fish after lunch. We had help from members of Friends of the Fox, Drift, IDNR, and Fox Valley Park District(delivering). Another 2 stretches of the east shoreline are now replanted. Bob Rung IDNR fisheries biologist, showed me one well established bank that was planted about 15 years ago. Although these are a native plant we don't want to wait the hundreds of years it would take for them to spread & establish on their own. In the short run this is positive ecosystem improving restoration that is affordable & greatly amplified by the members help. All who have helped are proud, rightly so, and the effect of this kind of commitment draws notice from the DNR, local goverment & all who use the greenway/bike trail along the river. Lets keep a good thing going!

with 31 eager participants we did get all of the planting done before the heat of the day became unbearable.We then enjoyed a welcome lunch break and socializing afterwards.

Some members did go fishing afterwards but I don't believe that they caught more than a few fish.

Thanks to John Loebach for all the hard work that he puts into this event each year.

Ed B

100_3245.jpg

Many thanks to all involved!

Thanks again for heading this up, John.

Can't wait to see the positive results down the line from yet another successful endeavor.

Great work, everyone.

Great job on the photos as well.

I really like the one of Ted and Ron, with so many more people working hard in the background also.

It defines what this event is all about.

Just wanted to add that as my first volunteer event with ISA, this was a very fulfilling morning for me. Pretty good work out too! I witnessed first hand the hard work and dedication of those who plan the events and those who come out to help. I also enjoyed meeting and working along side the members, and placing a face to the 'forum name'.

So thanks again for sponsoring an event such as this, and for putting the time and energy into putting it all together. I look forward to seeing the payoff down the road, and working in future events when I can, as well as meeting more of the folks that make up the ISA.

Jeff

I really wish I could Ed, however I will be out in the Adirondacks with my family, and fishing as often as possible.

I hope you have good weather for the event!

Jeff