Apple river access

kevin summers

Looking for some access points besides the state park to do some wade fishing. Anyone want to share some techniques or feedback on what works in the apple would be appreciated. I have done some on-line reading and I am pretty confident that the Apple will be running a bit clearer barring rain then the Fox. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Kevin, When I used to go to the Apple River with Jim Becker we waded a spot between to bridges. I think it was Rushtown Rd. and E. Chelsea Rd. but I don't remember.

Kevin,

You asked what works in the Apple-

Right now there are lots of visible small minnows and small crayfish. Most people I have fished with there (and me)tend to use small sized plastics; small senkos, slider worms, small twister tales, etc. Sometimes there has been a good bite fishing them fast, but not yesterday. I saw a couple yesterday catching bass by still-fishing with nightcrawlers. They appeared to be doing better than we were.

Gregg