fluke fly contest

Guest rich mc

Guest rich mc

there were 19 flies submitted . craig and i shared a beer as he stepped down from the role as winner of last year prestigous fly tying contest. judes white foam head diver was second and craig 's receding hare minnow third . 3 judges tank tested all of them. now the target is on my back till next year.i thank all that tied to make this contest better every year. rich

Guest rich mc

eric has some photos on the other forum. the flies were wet and lookedlike drwoned rats the winner is the longer white one on the end of the top block of foam. i can tie up some more for a better photo later.it was a thin long body of super hair. extended . a flipper type tail was made of dna holo fusion. tied and glued at the base of the flipper then became an under and over wing. some more fusion was added as a shoulder wing and a stick on eyes glued. one longe piece of lead wire was tied along the under side of the shank. fly rides hook point down rich

eric has somepohotos on the otherforum. the flies were wet and lookedlike drwoned rats the winner is the longer white one on the end of the top block of foam. i can tie up some more for a better photo later.it was a thin long body of super hair. extended . a flipper type tail was made of dna holo fusion . tied and glued at the base of the flipper then became an under and over wing . some more fusion was added as a shoulder wing and a stick on eyes glued .one longe piece of lead wire was tied along the under side of the shank. fly ride s hook point down rich

A link??

Guest rich mc

i submitted a few flies. the flies are on Erics post in the open discusion forum, called blowout wrap up. if the winning fly was # 8 then it was a white chenille fly. extra long marabou tail on a 8089 hook. white chenille was backwrapped [like the worm] around the tail then forward to the eye . stick on eyes applied . super simple .

Congrats, Rich! You're right...BIG target on you now. Now don't spend all year working on next year's pattern before you let the rest of us know what the contest is.

Thanks, John...nope, no name. Actually, I'm surprised that that one ranked higher than my other three. I kinda just threw that in last minute.