A new version of the Murdich

Jonn Graham

One up on you, John . . . now that I finally have a quality vice (Renetti Presentation 4000), I picked up large quantities of fly tying materials at 35% off during the Trout & Grouse annual winter sale last month. I identified all of Joe Cornwall's fly patterns on his website that appeared to be attractive to smallies and armed my fly tying station with materials to tie all of them . . . but first, I just tied a dozen crappie jigs this afternoon in preparation for the Spring crappie bite. Then it's off to tying Joe's smallmouth flies.

Still haven't forgotten our Spring canoe floatfishing outing in remembrance of Joe Donato . . . April or May perhaps.

Wow, that looks cool! I love that website. Very cool of him to go thru the trouble.

There is a video on Tight Lines website on the Bart-o-Minnow (Barteaux???) Also cool looking.

Last year a guy I met on the water gave me a mini-Murdich. Maybe half or less the size of a regular Murdich. Really had a lot of fun with it.

I never took the dang thing off. Caught all kinds of fish with it. I may just tie the thing back on till it falls apart.

Wow, that looks cool! I love that website. Very cool of him to go thru the trouble.

There is a video on Tight Lines website on the Bart-o-Minnow (Barteaux???) Also cool looking.

Last year a guy I met on the water gave me a mini-Murdich. Maybe half or less the size of a regular Murdich. Really had a lot of fun with it.

I never took the dang thing off. Caught all kinds of fish with it. I may just tie the thing back on till it falls apart.

I finally watched it. I see his is a downsized version.

He mentioned that he used the Murdich on the Kank. Was it with someone from the ISA?

Jon Please post pics when you finish yours.