Last call for rod building

This is the last call for anyone that might be interested in taking part in our rod building session at Corens Rod and Reel in Chicago.So far the response has been disappointing.We could use a few more participants to get this activity up and going.If you have ever wanted to learn about rod building this is an opportunity you shouldn't miss out on.

Ed B

There will be three sessions on tuesday evenings during the month of March,you will also need to complete some of the work at home that is not at all difficult.The cost will be the cost of your components plus a 25 dollar shop fee,which is quite a good deal.

Ed B

Ed,

Thanks for the reminder. Just a couple questions.

There are 5 Tuesdays in March. Will we be using all 5? If not all 5, which will we need to put aside? Has anyone done this project before? I'd like to know a bit about the approximate cost.

Sounds like a great winter project. And it will probably change forever the way we look at rods.

Matt

The exact 3 days are to be determined by what works best for everyone involved.Yes,we did this last year and I built a 7 wt fly rod that I am extremely well pleased with.While it is impossible to say what your cost would be untill you choose your components,my rod cost me 245 dollars

Yes it is a great winter project that really helps spring seem to come much sooner.You will definitely learn a lot about rods and how to look at them.

Hope this helps

Ed B

I can't afford it this year but it is something I would eventually like to do.

If anyone is undecided/on the fence I can honestly say I've been going to Coren's for years and the owner knows his stuff so you won't be disappointed. I learn something everytime I go there.