Rock River Fly Casters

Paul S

I would like to introduce myself and my club to all the BassBuggers out there. The Rock River Fly Casters is a group of anglers that pursue all species of fish with the fly rod. Our group has about 75 members and we meet the second Wednesday of every month at the Severson Dells Nature Center at 8786 Montague Rd in Rockford. All meetings start at 7pm. I would like to invite all of you to attend our meetings. You do not need to be a member to attend. Feel free to come see what we are about. If you like what you see, annual dues are 12.00.

Our meeting on February 10th is one of our non fishing programs. A local bird enthusiast and taxidermist will give a presentation on mounting a bird for display. She usually does a hawk or owl of some kind, but I'm not sure what she has in store for us this time. If you are in to bird watching at all, you will find this enjoyable. I do have some speakers lined up throughout the year that will discuss tactics for smallmouth, musky, and trout. I will try to post on a monthly basis and keep everyone informed. I try to plan a little something for everyone.

We are also offering a Beginning Fly Tying class the first three Saturdays in March. The classes will go from 8:30 - 11:30. This is a very basic class and designed with the novice in mind. The cost for all three sessions is 25.00 and we supply all the tools and materials. If you are interested in the class or club and have any questions, please feel free to PM me. I think I have things set up correctly for that. If you don't hear back from me, please reply to this post and I will figure out how to get in touch with you.

Paul

Hi Rich,

I'm definitely planning on making it down to Shabbona a time or two this summer. It makes a nice change of pace to wading the Kish all the time, especially if the water levels stay like they have been the last couple seasons. I'll let you know when I'm coming down.

Paul

Nice write-up by Joe Angel in the February edition of Midwest Outdoors addressing the excellent prognosis of fishing at Shabbona Lake this year . . . thanks to the outstanding efforts by Mr. Sands and other in stocking the lake. I'd enjoy being invited to join any groups planning to fish Shabbona this year. Same goes for the Kish.

Nice write-up by Joe Angel in the February edition of Midwest Outdoors addressing the excellent prognosis of fishing at Shabbona Lake this year . . . thanks to the outstanding efforts by Mr. Sands and other in stocking the lake. I'd enjoy being invited to join any groups planning to fish Shabbona this year. Same goes for the Kish.

In mentioning how good Shabbona Lake is, you should also give some credit for the tireless work Rich McElligott has done for many years as the president of the Shabbona Lake Sportsmen Club. He has been a big part of the reason Shabbona is such a good place to fish.

In mentioning how good Shabbona Lake is, you should also give some credit for the tireless work Rich McElligott has done for many years as the president of the Shabbona Lake Sportsmen Club. He has been a big part of the reason Shabbona is such a good place to fish.

Amen to that!