disaster at the vice!!

Joe D

I recently broke the tip of the jaw off my renzetti :o . I love that vice and now I'll see how well they back up their product. I'll keep you guys posted. I have had to resort to my old cheap vise that I've had for about 25 years. no rotory feature, no bobbin cradle, no nothin!! :( just holds the hook. man have I gotten spoiled with my renzetti!! needless to say it has thrown a wrench in my tying. it is nowhere as efficient and it takes forever to tie a fly. I tied a clouser on it and had to take it in and out of the vise, what a pain! I'll push on with the old one until I hear from renzetti. I will be really disappointed if they dont replace it, that vise was not cheap! for that kind of money I should not have any problems.

Joe

ps, I've updated my website and put alot more flies up. take a peek if you have a minute. www.procarpin.com

thanks john, I'll definately keep you guys posted on the vise situation. that is why I posted it so guys would know wheather or not they back up their products. I would think or hope anyway that a company that reputable would do so, we'll see.

Joe

Joe,

Renzetti is the Mercedes. They should respond pronto. IMHO their rep should personally deliver the replacement jaws and maybe give you a massage :)

Jonn,

Take a long hard look at the Danvise before you pay 3-4 times more for the Eyetalian sport model. Al Beatty's book on rotary tying reviews a lot of the true rotaries out there while it also fills us in on what rotary tying really is. Well worth $15 to $20 especially if you are thinking about spending over $200 on a vise. ;)

My 2 cents.

Mike G:

If you go on the cabelas website, take a look at the 17 customer reviews concerning the Danvise. No thanks............I think I will pass on this piece of equipment.

Jonn,

Anyone can write a review for Cabelas including a competitor under an alias. The Guys at FlyFishOhio have a different view. I put my faith in them when I bought one.

http://www.flyfishohio.com/Vise%20Review%201/Fly_Tying_Vise_Shoot-Out.htm

You'll find the Peak there also. The $145 Peak scored top mark with 4.40 though the Danvise was not far behind at 4.10. It is a good site that everyone should bookmark.