Looks very appealing . . . if I were a smallmouth bass. That said, Corey . . . how about passing along a step-by-step pattern for tying this fly!?!

Okay Corey,

Here's the fly to challenge your deer hair expertise.

Ooops . . . I see that I should have submitted my request to Stuart.

Guest rich mc

if anyone can do it cory can. my question is tye a fly or go fishing, id spend the time on the water if possible and hold that off till wintertime. rich

if anyone can do it cory can. my question is tye a fly or go fishing, id spend the time on the water if possible and hold that off till wintertime. rich

Just me the "High Sign" when the crappies are hitting, the weather is warmer, and the water at Shabbona Lake is 55 degree, Rich . . . and I'll bring my canoe and trolling motor out, and we'll do some serious crappie fishin'. In the meantime, while there are still rain clouds in the sky, the rivers are overflowing, and there's still a chill in the air, I still have time to tie a few flies in anticipation of the river smallie fishin'.

• 9 months later...

Okay Corey,

Here's the fly to challenge your deer hair expertise.

Unfortunately it will float like a cork but whoever tied it is has mad skills. The patterning along the sides at the various color transitions is incredible. Kudos!

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

WOW

Stuart, that is one challenging tie.

I will bring my submission to your challenge to the Flies of the ISA Event on April 10th.

I look forward to your evaluation.

Thanks a lot, buddy!

Coryg