WTB Light-weight canoe for two

Fredmo

Looking for a light canoe that my wife and sister could load and use, mainly lake floating or fishing, but occasional river trip. A Wenonah Fisherman mentioned a couple of weeks ago looked great, but was sold before I could get it.

Fred . . . I have a 17' Wenonah Spirt II kevlar tandem canoe that my wife and I use for paddling with Prairie State Canoeists (PSC) and that I and any fishing companion use when float fishing on rivers and lakes. Only weighs 45 lbs. which facilitates put-ins, take-outs, and portaging. When float fishing, I add sponses to create good stability, a trolling motor on a side motor mount, and portable fish locator to complete my fishing unit. Have been quite satisfied with its performance and adaptability.

Suggest you request a copy of Wenonah's annual Buyer's Guide which walks prospective buyers through the many features and decisions to be made before making a purchase. Their website address is www.wenonah.com.

If you and your wife would like to "test drive" my canoe, just let me know . . . we could launch it quite easily in the Skokie Lagoon. You two might also enjoy paddling with my bent shaft carbon filament paddles, each of which only weigh 8 ounces.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.