More on Bulletin Timing

Mike G

Bulletin Timing  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get yours yet? When? (post date and zip code)

• Yes

Speaking of which, I think now might be a good time to congratulate the sole editor and publisher of this fine publication, Mr. Scott Ferguson.

A volunteer that pours his heart into this thing time and time again.

The content is provided by many, but the final result is due to Scott's tireless work in putting it all together.

My hat's off to him with every new issue in my mailbox.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to wrap this up. I haven't seen any posts regarding receipt since mine. The range was from the 9th - 21st (not sure if gary in MO has his yet). I could see no pattern in zip areas as I saw equivalant deliveries to Northern IL and Springfield as what Chicago and burbs were seeing. Knowing what I know about USPS this is pertty reasonable and predictasble results. Because 612 is the one IL zip area that is handled by facilities in another state and we have a few members that live in neighboring states, could we look at sending those by First Class mail? (612, MO, IN, WI, IA).

Just to wrap this up. I haven't seen any posts regarding receipt since mine. The range was from the 9th - 21st (not sure if gary in MO has his yet). I could see no pattern in zip areas as I saw equivalant deliveries to Northern IL and Springfield as what Chicago and burbs were seeing. Knowing what I know about USPS this is pertty reasonable and predictasble results. Because 612 is the one IL zip area that is handled by facilities in another state and we have a few members that live in neighboring states, could we look at sending those by First Class mail? (612, MO, IN, WI, IA).

I would want more information via a longer and better survey before reaching that conclusion. Are out of stater's always later than in state? Well, Craig in GA was one of the first to get his a few months ago.

I personally think it depends mostly on the load at your local PO. Like, when they get to it. We are not going to see a pattern where IL is faster. A blanket solution with blanket cost to everyone will not help a lot. I would say we just add an option where members pay extra to get first class delivery if they want it.