Digital water proof/resistant cameras

skjordan

I know there was a thread last spring in the forums about a new digital camera that could take a good soaking.

Iam now in the market for a new camera and would like to hear if you are still satisfied with the preformance of that model.

Or, if anyone else has purchased a similar camera and would like to share their likes and dislikes about their model so we all wont have to go through the same learning curve.

I know there was a thread last spring in the forums about a new digital camera that could take a good soaking.

Iam now in the market for a new camera and would like to hear if you are still satisfied with the preformance of that model.

Or, if anyone else has purchased a similar camera and would like to share their likes and dislikes about their model so we all wont have to go through the same learning curve.

Steve,

Check out Canon's line of digitals on their web site. Several now come with waterproof cases and have an underwater mode. Was thinking of getting one myself to take some uw shots.

The problem with waterproof cases is that they not only cost a considerable amount, but they also make what was a small camera pretty bulky. Not a great thing to be carrying while wading. If you plan on doing any scuba diving or snorkeling, it might be something to think about as I'm sure you can take these cases to lower depths than you can the waterproof cameras that are only good to about 5 feet under water.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been using Olympus all weather camera's for several years.

I've taken pics in damp weather and in the rain---

to date never had a malfunction.

My current model is the Olympus all weather, digital stylus 410, with a macro feature.

It is a water resistant camera---NOT waterproof. It contains waterproofs seals/rings or the like.

I've taken pics in rain, snow, cold (sub zero temps) and hot weather alike.

It's hasn't failed me yet.

Its small in size, fits in my fishing vest pocket for ready access.

The macro feature is great to have, for those very close-up shots.

The macro feature is a big plus.

This camera has been in service for 2.5 years.

It's most ideal for my applications and uses---outdoors in all types of weather conditions, from cold and hot, dry and raining.

Takes great pics.

Newer models are available on todays market.