A thanks to Eric report

ronk

After Eric's last report where to my happy surprise I learned that the Fox was readily wadeable I made a beeline to fish one more time on 9/12 before the heavy rains due this weekend likely blow all our rivers out and make the next time some of us wade in flooded basements.Like that fairytale's porridge the river was just right not too high not too low.Using a big yellow blockhead I caught 3 smallies,16.5", 17"' 18" in that order of sequence.The first 2 came off riprap. The last came from boulders along a water willow shoreline.Although it rained most of the afternoon it was so light that I didn't have to zip my rain jacket getting heavier only after I was on my way home Good timing.

This is the 2nd time one of Eric's reports have gotten me off the couch, the 1st being my 1st outting of the season way back in mid March.Thanks again Eric.

Ron,

For about the last 10 years Eric's reports have been getting me off the dime. There's more. When I was snoozing, 10-15 years ago, thinking that I had to go to WI in June for fish, Eric's reports on local ponds and creeks woke me up to what was in my back yard in Lombard.

You remind me what I should have done many times. Give Eric a line of credit for his unselfish posts. He could have kept it a secret, and we would have missed a lot of great fishing.

Thanks for 10 years, Eric!

This is my favorite picture from the trip, our new Prez with his half of a double (20-1/2") alongside my brother Bob with a chunky 19" of his own. Its been quite a few years since I was able to river fish for smallies with my brother. Hopefully there will not be as long a wait for the next trip! The 19" was caught on a white rabbit strip diver; the 20-1/2" by some "barbaric" method.

2wc466t.jpg

Steve,

Great pics smile or no.Assuming that the 2 fish in the one of Don and your bro weren't caught at about the same time how were they able to be photo'd together?Is that an Orvis Zero Gravity 8wt your bro's holding?Are there good wading opportunities on the Wisconsin or is it only worth fishing by floating?

Jude,

That is a smile on my face. Since I don't believe in breathable waders I always pull them down if I have to rip one. :P

Steve,

Great pics smile or no.Assuming that the 2 fish in the one of Don and your bro weren't caught at about the same time how were they able to be photo'd together?Is that an Orvis Zero Gravity 8wt your bro's holding?Are there good wading opportunities on the Wisconsin or is it only worth fishing by floating?

Jude,

That is a smile on my face. Since I don't believe in breathable waders I always pull them down if I have to rip one. :P

Ron

The bass pictured in the "double" were caught as a double.

The rod is a Zero Gravity and he loved it.

Wading the Wisconsin is possible, just a matter of finding access, though it is quite a chore, maybe even treacherous at times and very taxing on the body. To the NE, the Menominee is a bit more wader friendly, though you will run into the same access hurdles. Both rivers contain more floating opportunities than wading. I've never floated either but I know of those that do and do well.