kishwaukee water willows

Guest rich mc

Guest rich mc

i scouted a few areas in prepping for this saturdays plantings. water is a foot high , but not bad.. larry from the greenhouse wasnt able to make the meeting there. there is one spot near the first parking area and a bettter spot just downstream of the bridge. mosquitoes prevented me from looking at the old log jam site for a spot. planting is at 3pm who is planning to come out? rich

I am planning to come.

Also, if water level is condusive, I would like to paddle to Pota--- arriving in time to plant.

Annie Glidden Road may be too far, want to have energy left for paddling. What about suggesting another put-in site. Jude, Rich, any ideas?

Gregg

It looks as though I can finally make one of these conservation events. I'll need to know where and when, though- coming from a couple hours away. I have waders and 2 hands, will I need to bring anything else? Ron

Guest Don R

"at potawattamie forest preserve in kirkland. 3 pm meet at the first parking area in the park. fishing afterward contact rich if you are attending mclgot1@aol there are only 200 plants so with enough volunteers it will go quick"

bring gloves and thanks for volunteering!!!

Hey Gregg...I've only floated it once, with you and Brian O. Looking at maps, I don't see any other put-in options. If I remember correctly, it was about six hours. I think water levels are similar right now, so that's probably a good guess.

I'm thinking of coming out for this planting from Chicago, anybody else in the Chicago area driving out? I'm assuming there will be some fishing afterwards. I'm trying to figure out if I want to try to do the float before the planting or wade after the planting. Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

Anybody want to float prior?

If not, I'll either invite the wife to float it with me, or plan to fish afterwards.

I might prefer a three hour float, but we may not have an intermediate put-in.

Gregg