x

Guest One More Cast

Kelly Galloup, former owner of the Troutsman in Traverse City, MI now of the Slide Inn in Montana demonstrates on this video.

For next month's 4th Monday tying session I may demonstrate my version of his T & A.

Joseph

I agree and he is a very nice guy too. I fished with him on the Pine River in Mi.

Great! That is one of those "wish I thought of that" flies. Since I have a bag of flank feathers, I need some ideas on what to do with them besides Hornbergs and fanwings. It reminds me that, if I only had the time to do it, there is a lot of good material to be mined out of U-Tube.

Kelly Galloup, former owner of the Troutsman in Traverse City, MI now of the Slide Inn in Montana demonstrates on this video.

For next month's 4th Monday tying session I may demonstrate my version of his T & A.

Joseph

the jointed dual hook fly with the wool head? I tied a couple of those but never fished them, cool idea!

Wait 'til you see Kelly Galloup's two new flies, the Heifer Groomer and the Sex Dungeon

http://www.slideinn.com/store/product_info...?products_id=42.

(Do not do a Google search on the S.D. :D )

Joseph

You can also go to Schmidt Outfitters website,

schmidtoutfitters.com

out of Wellston, Mi. and see some of Kelly's ties in their patterns section. Kelly and Ray Schmidt have fished a number of time together and filmed an episope for I believe Fly Fishing America where Kelly was throwing his Zoo Cougar all day on a 400 grain sinking line.

I can't tell you the number of Smallies I've caught on the Zoo Cougar. Its an awsome fly! Especially tied in white and olive. Just remember to trim the deer hair head flat on the bottom and flat/elliptical on the top. It isn't round-ish like a Muddler.

The video also shows a really effective way to spread the hair collar around the fly to make it look correct and proportional.

Mark