dropping the outdoor section

Guest rich mc

Guest rich mc

i was informed that jay angel will no longer be writing an outdoor section for the Dekalb Chronicle. They are dropping the outdoors. Jay has been writing for about 10 years on every thursday. he has supported us by pushing our projects, meetings and the military days event last month. there is a write in campaign to complain about this loss. send an email to jbowey@daily-chronicle.com thanks rich

Guest One More Cast

The Chicago Tribune seems to have dropped Lew Freedman's column as well. The Trib was once a proud supporter of Outdoor writing with Tom McNally and John Husar writing for them.

Lew came to town from Alaska, wrote too much about Alaska for my taste but suddenly, there's no room in the Sunday Sports section for an Outdoors column.

Joseph

......oddly, there's alway room in the Sunday Sports section for the Poker column.

Exactly.

After Husar, I can't recall EVER even getting a response when contacting the Tribune about an outdoors event.

Sent press releases regarding youth events, conservation projects- you name it.

Not a single response and never publication.

What is obvious to me is that they have no desire to communicate with those actually out there making a difference.....unless that difference is producing a profit for them.

It is sad to hear of yet another publication turning a blind eye to outdoor sports.

Jay wrote interesting articles that many enjoyed.

Growing up in south FL, I fondly remember the fishing section of the Miami Herald.....complete with tide times, which fish are running offshore, and big bass caught in which cannals (L67, "The little L", and of course Krome avenue). Since we're still going to move to VA, we're getting the Richmond and Charlottesville papers. It's nice to see the dedication to fishing in their sports page as well.

So what's up with IL?

It is not so much that they have turned a blinds eye to Outdoor Sports as much as they have turned a blind eye to our most precious commodity our environment. They just cut the stories off without thinking of the distruction of our Rivers, Lakes, and Streams. To bad they don't care at all because we know they wouldn't print a letter sent to the editor about it.