water willows planted this year ???

just thought i would ask a qustion ??? do you think that they will stay were they were or they on a trip to who knows were and we might have to redo the same area again next year ??? just a thought out their while i have been looking at the ragging fox from all areas

did happen to see some smallies in a friends back yard they were by the tomato plants in his garden :(:(:(

If you remember Bob Rung's slide presentation, he explained that a flood won't necessarily awsh away the plants. They did a planting several years back (I think on the Dupage). A week later it was clobbered with a flood. To everyones suprise, the plants survived and flourished.

I did not attend this years planting, however in the past I remember everyone doing an exceptional job planting, building little current breaks and piling rocks onto the plants to really anchor them. I'm sure that happened again this year. Also remember the plants fold over in the current by nature.

The flooding probably didn't help, but it might not necessarily destroyed everyones work either.

yes i will go down and check out :unsure: and get back to all on what had happen to our plants

the water is still up have been going down to the fox each day to check the water and some areas look some what normal :blink::blink: then others still have a lot of lost shore :mellow::lol: might get out this weekend some time ????

thanks to all for your thoughts :P:P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rich mc

i stopped by violet patch wednesday night. the ones i planted with joseph, ed and larry were visable. they look good and are taller than before. . 20 casts and 1 -10 inch smallie rich

• 2 weeks later...

I made a quick scan today of the areas that we planted upstream of VPP. Here are the results. I'd say, with a very unscientific and uneducated guess, that at least 75% made it through the flood. Looks to me that the water was up a good 4-5' at it's peak! :o

The big mass of green in the 3rd pic is a newly broken branch that found it's resting place near the water willows to the left. No fish were caught since I only had my camera with me. There was an abundance of minnows/fry hiding in the willows.