BFS: Bait(cast) Finesse System

Mark K

I didn't know this was thing.  A baitcast system developed in Japan to throw really light lures.  I won't be investing in this even though I love fishing for bluegills and crappies. I have way too much stuff already..  None the less I thought it was interesting.  This is a good overview.

Bait Finesse System (finesse-fishing.com)

So a  reel differs in that  the spool is much lighter, often drilled and has a large arbor so it doesn't have much line capacity.  I think the idea is so that does not require a lot of force at the beginning of  a cast. 

There are a zillion videos on YT , many reviews.  They sell lots of this stuff on Amazon- pretty cheap.  There is way more on alieexpress. If it's made there is probably a review on YT.

The JDM (Japan Domestic Market) gear is really expensive.

Anyway, I thought it was kind of interesting. 

Oh it's a thing. I made the investment earlier this year. I caught the trout bug a few years ago after visiting my oldest at school in CO. All my ultralight or light stuff was broken or uber old. Picked up a good rod for like $80 from Ali. The reel was a bit more......but I made an investment in a good reel and spool after doing some research. This lets the reel function for both smallies or bfs trout depending on the spool I pop in. If I do invest more it'll probably be another rod, something ultralight for small streams.

Sometimes the JDM market can be cheaper than the USDM depending on the product. The one thing that did change in the last year was shipping. It can be a bit ridiculous now due covid.

That JDM stuff is shiny and pretty, it's like shoes and jewelry for fisherman lol!

Seriously tho, some good finds can be had if that's your thing.

16 hours ago, Kev-mo said:

Oh it's a thing. I made the investment earlier this year. I caught the trout bug a few years ago after visiting my oldest at school in CO. All my ultralight or light stuff was broken or uber old. Picked up a good rod for like $80 from Ali. The reel was a bit more......but I made an investment in a good reel and spool after doing some research. This lets the reel function for both smallies or bfs trout depending on the spool I pop in. If I do invest more it'll probably be another rod, something ultralight for small streams.

Sometimes the JDM market can be cheaper than the USDM depending on the product. The one thing that did change in the last year was shipping. It can be a bit ridiculous now due covid.

That JDM stuff is shiny and pretty, it's like shoes and jewelry for fisherman lol!

Seriously tho, some good finds can be had if that's your thing.

Would be cool to have a baitcaster where you could throw unweighted soft plastics a bit farther.