The curse lives on :)

Guest Don R

Guest Don R

I was looking through a box of old fishing lures when I came across this.

An original Dance's Eel still in the package! I bet this puppy caught just as many fish as the ones that made it to the rivers and lakes.

I'll sell this to the lowest bidder.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Don R

I finally got back up to GAT Guns. I quickly handed Ken D the two original Dance's Eels that I had. My grand father must have heard the same no fish stories as both packages remained unopened. Gramps has been gone for many years now but I have many of the walleye rigs and pike lures that he created. I have so many of them that some of them will no doubt make it into a raffle down the line. I owe my original interest in fishing to my gramps and my dad. When I was a boy there seemed to be a bit more emphasis on drinking then fishing (no, I wasn't the one drinking). Back then it was all catch and fry...although thankfully it was all walleye and pike with a few crappie mixed in for good measure.

...back to GAT....my quick visit turned into a learning experience. Ken D fishes the Fox River on a regular basis and has the smallies dialed in very well. He even says that he can catch them on the Dance's Eel! Ken sold me many of his favorite plastics and gave me tips on how to alter them to give even better action. One of the baits that he sold me was the 3" Yum Dinger in green pumpkin/pearl. When all else failed this past Sunday I put the Dinger on and the second cast produced my biggest smallie of the season at 18.25". http://illinoissmallmouthalliance.net/foru...?showtopic=1274

Thanks Ken ;)

Guest rich mc

i was in dicks sporting goods a few weeks ago and saw a dance eel now made with yum scent. there were afew left. too hard to throw with a fly rod. rich

Guest Don R
You put that cursed paraphernalia upon a map of my favorite river in all the world?

What.. the Fox or Apple maps weren't handy?

Oh, ok.

I see how you play.

I knew someone would catch that :) Sorry bud. Can I call you bud?

Guest Don R
Damn "Man Laws".

See, I recently had my personal best smallie come unbuttoned at the mouth of Rock Creek.

I was pretty much over it...until now.

Can you say "unbuttoned"? Good thing you didn't say "unzipped" :blink:

i was in dicks sporting goods a few weeks ago and saw a dance eel now made with yum scent. there were afew left. too hard to throw with a fly rod. rich

It's a newer version.

The Original Dancin' Eel don't need any scent.

A fly rod can be used to fish the Dancin' Eel.

The next time you stop at GAT's, I'll give you a first hand demo.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.