Glass Rods on Sales

Tom L

Just came back from the Hoffman Estates Cabela's. Saw some nice glass rods on sales. Thought some of you might be interested.

1 x Cabela's CGT 7' 3wt, was $149.99, now $74.99.

2 x Cabela's CGT 7'6" 4wt, was $149.99, now $74.99.

I think you can order online too. Here is the link.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Fishing/Fly-Fishing/Fly-Fishing-Rods|/pc/104793480/c/104721480/sc/105573780/Cabelas-CGT-Fiberglass-Fly-Rods/1409646.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Ffly-fishing-rods%2F_%2FN-1102568%2B4294727080%2FNe-4294727080%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_105573780%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%253BMMcat104793480%253Bcat104721480%26WTz_st%3DGuidedNav%26WTz_stype%3DGNU&WTz_l=SBC%3BMMcat104793480%3Bcat104721480%3Bcat105573780

Ryan,

Are you sure you don't have the green CGR series? I know the green CGR series is widely held out as one of the best bargain factory fiberglass fly rods available. But Cabelas replaced the CGR series with a newer CGT series which is kind of an orangish-rust type color. I should preface my comments in that I have never cast either series of rods, but I have heard very poor reviews of the newer CGT series.

Again, the older CGR series received rave reviews from almost everyone that I knew that tried them. But it is my understanding that the newer CGT series are much stiffer and the tapers are widely considered to be inferior to the CGR series.

Colt

Ryan,

Are you sure you don't have the green CGR series? I know the green CGR series is widely held out as one of the best bargain factory fiberglass fly rods available. But Cabelas replaced the CGR series with a newer CGT series which is kind of an orangish-rust type color. I should preface my comments in that I have never cast either series of rods, but I have heard very poor reviews of the newer CGT series.

Again, the older CGR series received rave reviews from almost everyone that I knew that tried them. But it is my understanding that the newer CGT series are much stiffer and the tapers are widely considered to be inferior to the CGR series.

Colt

Colt, you are correct, I have the green CGR series! I read the post too fast I guess! Well, never cast the CGT series, but love my CGR. Ryan