IEPA

ronk

With the Dupe back to "normal" levels ( briefly fished it Tues. getting one 13" smb) I met with the IEPA rep yesterday showing her around to the various spots where the bank's been savaged by the PPD over the past 2 years.There wasn't much cause for optimism in her remarks she saying there wasn't anything to stop Plainfield from removing the protective undergrowth or even the trees on its property.However she did say that the IEPA does have the authority to intervene if a landowner causes erosion as Plainfield does by leaving the banks bare after they're finished stripping it of the existing vegetation.She said she'd contact the PPD. I asked she keep me advised.

Anyone interested in seeing the pie in the sky plans Plainfield has for "developing" what natural riverfront still remains by turning it into a peon to strip mall suburbia can google PLainfield Riverfront Foundation.Also note an article written in protest by a fellow ffing friend to the Enterprise newspaper that can be accessed on that google page.