Blow out

Philf

I wasn’t paying attention I was drawing cartoons like back in school. but he said a lot about fishing off shore once the water warms up. If you have a good depth sounder finding underwater islands might be easy. I try to drag an anchor a few feet above the bottom hoping it’ll catch on the island. Don’t stand while attempting this. I might also throw/ drift with a Carolina rig. Good tip on fishing marabou jigs after a mayfly hatch. Don’t be afraid to try different lakes if you’re not catching. Andrew has a bunch of good articles on line too. He said he fishes crankbaits slowly against the current for winter smallmouth when I asked him. Fishes above the thermocline for smallmouth in the summer 25-30 feet deep is as deep as he goes year round I think. Probably some of the other guys might be of more help. 

Thanks to all that attended the Blowout and helped make it a successful event.  I believe everyone that attended the Blowout had a good time, filled their bellys with bbq and brisket and many left with raffle prizes or guided trips.  We had 5 new members sign ups and 7  membership renewals with most being for 3 year commitments.  

On 3/5/2019 at 5:58 PM, rich mc said:

i wanted to go but wife had other plans .  so what tips did andrew mention about  fishing deep clear lakes?

Not much that most of us don't already know, match the forage available, look for structure, go deeper in clear water and of course put time in on the water. Of course he went into a lot more detail

Andrew told Scott and I that he would be amenable to speaking at a member meeting in the future and I will follow up on that.