NW Region Apple Outing

Apple River Fishing Outing (host Paul T)
Saturday, July 19 @ apple River Canyon State Park - Paul will host a wade-fishing outing. Due to the size of the water this will be
an RSVP trip. We typically break up into groups of 4 or less and explore different areas. this driftless area of Illinois offers
unique terrain and beauty. Watch the Forums or contact Paul for a starting time and/or meeting place.
Contact Paul Trybul (815) 703-2651 to RSVP.

Paul will make the call on the water level.

http://illinoissmallmouthalliance.net/forums/index.php?app=calendar&module=calendar&section=view&do=showevent&event_id=659

Thank you to everyone that attended the Apple River outing last Saturday. We has 7 anglers attend, Paul T, PaulT SR, Allen R, Samantha R, Mark G, Terry D, and Sarah(taking the photo).

P7190624rs.jpg

We split up in groups and fished different sections. The flyfisher folks fished in one group and they did pretty good. I think Samantha caught the biggest at 16". Sarah and I caught around 5 in the 14-15" range but couldn't catch anything larger. We met back up for lunch and did a little fishing in the afternoon. The afternoon fishing was not as good as the morning fishing. I'm interested to hear if Allen & Samantha found a good afternoon bite. Probably over 100 smallmouth caught in the group while enjoying some of the best scenery northern IL has to offer.

DSCF0098rs.jpgDSCF0102rs.jpgP7190657.JPG