Annual East Central IL Fall Outing - Sunday, Sept. 23rd

Rob G

A shameless plug mind you:

We will be holding our annual East Central Illinois Fall Outing on Sunday, September 23rd. We will be fishing the Middle Fork, Salt Fork, and possibly the North Fork of the Vermilion River. We have a lot of water available, all within close proximity so we have a lot of options. As time draws near, I'll be able to give you a better idea as to floating conditions for those of you that want to canoe or kayak. Wading will always be an option.

We will meet for breakfast at 9:00 AM at the truck stop restuarant on the south side of Interstate 74, exit 206, Oakwood, IL. From there we will determine how and where people would like to fish.

For further information, please contact Rob G. here at the forums.

It will not be possible to float the Middlefork River as it is extremely low with little flow though at this time but it will provide for excellent wading. The Salt Fork could be floated if desired although an occasional pick up and move might be needed depending on the section traversed. Those interested in floating need to let me know before hand so we can determine how far you want to cover and how I might assist in the shuttle if needed. Wading the Salt Fork River will be possible as well.

Thanks

Rob