Central Ill. Outing on the Fox

Good to see everyone. The calm, overcast morning was comfortable. Started out wading and picked up two smallies in short order. Caught 'em on a white spinnerbait. Both came off edges of shoreline timber in mild current. One was a tad over 15". After that, did a power wade to some go-to spots for nothing. Later in the AM, teamed up with Bart and spot-hopped. Bart popped a 15" on a white spinnerbait near rock in heavy current. I caught seven on the hula grub. Mostly around rock and edges. My biggest was 17". Saw quite a few groups of carp spawning along tree roots and cut banks on the edges of islands. Had to head home shortly after noon. Glad to hear everyone caught fish and enjoyed. Come back and checkout those areas at different flows, different times of the year. Some great fish in the Fox!

Jon, I was impressed with how quickly you were suited up and ready to fish! Dana, nice methodical tube fishing from shore!

Enjoyed meeting everyone yesterday for what turned out to be a great day to be out on the Fox river. Thanks Eugene for sharing the hula grub and spinner bait. Thank you Eric for letting me tag along and sharing some pointers. I brought my Coosa and got out in the afternoon for a short float and was fortunate to land this 18" moose on a white honeybuzz bait on shoreline eddy that did not want to be brought into the Coosa.

2nqy51h.jpg