Vintage 4wt. Orvis Bamboo Fly Rod for sale

bruce petersen

This is an Orvis Battenkill Impregnated 8', 3 3/4 oz HFG (4 wf4) "Nymph" two piece fly rod with two tips. Serial number 59943 -- built by the master Ron White in 1970. The taper is designed to smoothly cast nymphs and indicators. The cork is in excellent condition and all wraps and hardware are original. Reel seat is in excellent condition. All ferrules fit nicely. Aluminum tube and fabric case are original. All wraps and guides in excellent condition. I purchased the rod in 2007 from Skip Zapffe -- a respected Pacific Northwest fishing guide. His name is engraved on the metal portion of the rod handle. The rod has been lightly fished by Zapffe and me. -- I would have it used it more but I fell in love with my 10 ft. Scott 5 wt for nymph fishing. Orvis rods like this sell for between $650 and $800 on the Coldwater Collectibles website. I'm asking $475 and will include a Cortland Cortland 444 Synthetic Silk WF 4 line with the deal. Shipping is $15.00 or I can deliver the rod at the ISA Fly Fishing Show in St. Charles.

Bruce

• 1 month later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.