Fly donations for blowout

John Loebach

Happy New Years to all. Ken is looking for member tied flies 6 of each pattern to be combined in sets of 6 different flies for the bucket auction. This is tying season & there are alot of us who tie, what better way to warm up at the vise than to tie a few of your favorite patterns and get them to Ken (details to follow) before the blowout. While you are at it take a look at your old gear you don't use and pick something to donate. This is our major fundraiser that supports the conservation efforts that continue to improve local habitat and smallies. Dues pay for the bulletin and not much more, please lend a hand to make this blowout the best ever! John

Cool! Will do.

-j

edit:

Well, I got a little wild with the tying this AM... I'll be submitting a chartruse egg belly, rubber legged, dumbell eyed, black rabbit tailed, murry madtom tadpole helgrammite tied on a wide gap hook. Good dirty water fly (that way you don't have to look at it much). Most smallmouth will hit it because of the same instinct that drives humans to shoot zombies with shotguns. It just sorta makes sense. When you see em, you gotta shoot 'em -- or in this case eat them.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, so I finished the zombies... and some more normal flies, a flash sided olive beadhead wooly bugger with rubber legs. Just let me know how I can get them to Ken!

-jamieS

• 3 weeks later...
Happy New Years to all. Ken is looking for member tied flies 6 of each pattern to be combined in sets of 6 different flies for the bucket auction. This is tying season & there are alot of us who tie, what better way to warm up at the vise than to tie a few of your favorite patterns and get them to Ken (details to follow) before the blowout. While you are at it take a look at your old gear you don't use and pick something to donate. This is our major fundraiser that supports the conservation efforts that continue to improve local habitat and smallies. Dues pay for the bulletin and not much more, please lend a hand to make this blowout the best ever! John

Just a reminder that the blowout is almost here. Many have tied & passed along flies. I will be assembling boxes of flies this week. If you have flies please let me know by post or pm so I can plan space in the boxes to be added. You can bring donations to the blowout & we will work it into the raffles, its helpful but not essential to know whats coming. Thanks, John

Hey John, I guess it would have been too easy for me to give you mine at the show yesterday. Doh! Sorry about that. I'll bring six Jude Bugs and six realistic spiders. The spiders aren't really fishable and are in their own cases, so I don't know how you'll want to handle that. I'll bring them to you as soon as I get to the Blowout.....Jude

You can bring donations to the blowout & we will work it into the raffles, its helpful but not essential to know whats coming. Thanks, John

John, I was talking with Ken but we haven't met up yet. It's probably easiest for me to just bring them to the blowout instead of setting up a separate trip. I'm bringing six buggers and six rabbit strip thingys.

-jamie s

• 2 weeks later...

John & Rich,

Remind me next year I have an extensive selection of coldwater/trout flies I could offer for the blowout.

I'm getting out of coldwater fly angling(trout). I have flies to size#32.