Klein Creek Farm

I thought I'd post this...I plan on taking my wife and daughter...something new for us to check out:

"Get the picnic basket ready, hitch up the horses, and straighten your bonnet — the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County’s Kline Creek Farm in West Chicago invites you to a country fair! Join the fun on Sept. 4 and 5 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Reservations are not needed for this free event."Explore a re-created old-fashioned fair at the farmstead. See Professor MacRae show displays of artifacts and oddities in the Tent of Wonders at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Experience Professor Marvel’s Amazing Flea Circus at 11a.m. and 2 p.m. Watch gun spinner Garret Popek’s wild west moves at noon and 3 p.m. In the 1890s, a local fair was an important social and economic event. Family members spent the summer preparing various projects to show, squeezing the work in among their regular chores. Imagine making thousands of meticulous stitches in a quilt, putting up the perfect jar of pickles or training a calf for the show ring, all to impress the judges and your neighboring farm families.