4th Monday fishing

With the high water levels instead of Mondays fishing outing I will bring the Scott rods to Hidden Lake FP Rte. 53 south of Butterfield at 6pm on Monday 7/26. Meet near the facilities on the north end of Round Meadow Lake. I'll have to return these to the Scott rep after. Maybe we can get the TFO rep out another time. When water levels come down I'll schedule a Dupage pm outing.

• 4 weeks later...

The rivers are down finally! As planned we will fish Monday 8/23 on the Fox in Batavia. Meet from 5:30 to 6 at the police station lot by riverwalk access at the upper Batavia dam. Plenty of access nearby if we get a large turnout, also some prime water & structure if you haven't fished here before. If you run late call me 630/251-5904 & I'll give you an idea of where we went. Bring some bug spray & fish till dark there should be some topwater action at this time of year.

Guest airbornemike

I'm in!

Fished the fox this AM for two hours with no takers but I fished on top only. The levels are perfect, I think a PM outing will produce better fishing as there is probably low o2 levels right now in the AM.

Thanks to all who made it. Ten total which may be a record turnout. The fish cooperated with all but 2 getting something. Met new member James A & showed him some spots but he did not bring a rod. Next time bring your gear! I will try to set up a few smallie hunter type outings in the coming weeks. Thursday nights used to work well, watch the Lets Hook Up board for more. Spiz keep trying with the long rod. When you aren't getting any try slowing your retrieve.